Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading integrated telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 5 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G services, fixed line, high speed broadband through DSL, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G mobile services. Bharti Airtel had over 246 million customers across its operations at the end of February 2012. (source Bharti Airtel website)
Airtel does business in the following countries
- Asia – India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh
- Africa – Kenya, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Niger, Burkina Faso, Gabon, Chad, Congo, Madagascar, Seychelles, Nigeria, Rwanda
The business divisions of the company are
- Mobile – Airtel offers GSM mobile services in all the 22-telecom circles of India and is the largest mobile service provider in the country, based on the number of customers
- Telemedia – The group offers high-speed broadband with the best in class network. and fixed line services in 87 cities
- Airtel Business – It provides a broad portfolio of services to large Enterprise, Government, Small & Medium businesses and carrier customers. It is India’s leading and most trusted provider of communication and ICT services, offering services that include voice, data, network integration, data center & managed services, enterprise mobile applications and digital media
- Digital TV – Also provides DTH services for homes. With DVD quality picture and sound, the best and widest variety of channels and programmes to the best on-demand content are broadcast on Airtel Digital TV.
The company was established in July 07, 1995, as a Public Limited Company and is listed both on the BSE and NSE.
- Promoter & Promoter Group 68.50
- Banks, Mutual Funds, Insurance Companies 24.91
- Corporates, Foreign Companies, Individuals 6.60
Wireless Connections Marketshare(%)
- Bharti Airtel 20.67
- Vodafone 16.96
- Reliance 14.68
- Idea 12.88
- BNSL 10.81
- Others 24.00
Revenue Market Share (%)
- Bharti Airtel 29.1
- Vodafone 22.6
- Idea 15.0
- Reliance 8.2
- Tata Tele 8.6
- BNSL 6.9
- Others 9.6
I bought the stock at various price points over a period of more than 2 years (May 2010 to August 2012). The price at which i have bought the shares has varied greatly. Given below is the average purchase price (315.59).
Disclaimer: The information shared on this website is only about the positions i have taken on different stocks in the market. They are in no way my endorsement of the company or an indication for you to invest or sell the same. Though i have been investing actively in the Indian stock market since 2005, iam not an expert not do i claim to have any indepth idea of the stocks i invest in. I do my research through some subscriptions, a lot of reading on the net. Iam not responsible for any of the losses or gains you might incur due to investing based on my writings on this blog. Please contact a competent Financial Advisor before taking any decision regarding your investments.
- Hinduja Group’s Gulf Oil buys Houghton for $1 billion
- E&Y Ranks India 4th on Renewable Energy Market Potential