- February 2000 – Tata Tea Ltd acquires UK’s Tetley for $432 million, becoming the world’s No. 2 packaged tea company.
- August 2004 – Tata Motors signs a deal to buy the commercial vehicle unit of South Korea’s Daewoo Group for $102 million.
- June 2005 – Tata Steel Ltd buys Singapore’s lone steel miller, NatSteel Ltd, for $286 million.
- July 2005 – Tata Coffee buys US-based Eight O’Clock Coffee Co for $220 million from Gryphon Investors.
- August 2006 – Telecom firm Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd buys US-based Teleglobe International Holdings Ltd for $239 million and completes the $130 million purchase of Tyco International’s global undersea fibre optic cable network unit.
- January 2007 – Tata Tea buys 30 per cent of US enhanced water firm Energy Brands Inc for $677 million. It sells the stake less than a year later to Coca-Cola for $1.2 billion.
- March 2007 – Tata Steel acquires Anglo-Dutch steelmaker Corus Group for $13 billion, India’s biggest overseas takeover yet.
- January 2008 – Tata Power buys stakes in Indonesian PT Bumi Resources Tbk’s two coal mines for $1.3 billion.
- February 2008 – Tata Chemicals buys US soda-ash producer General Chemical Industrial Products Inc for $1.01 billion.
Above information courtesy: Economic Times