Euro 2008 is here

When it comes to sports, the action never stops. As soon as the Premiership, Champions League and the Indian Premier League came to a close, we have the Euro 2008. So, who are my favourites? Well, this time, i just want to relax and watch the matches and not worry about the results. 3 of my favourite teams are in Group C – Netherlands, Italy & France.

I have got an exam on Tuesday and am yet to open the books. Heck, football is more important. Yay 😉

1. L L says:

I might watch the opening ceremony and first game depending on whos playing. Ill fing out n see. Wish Australia luck in Dubai playing Iraq cuz i wanna go to south africa in 2010! world cup

2. Chittaranjan says:

Cha! You beat me to write about it!

I hope my cable op beams ESS all the coming fortnight!

3. Sachin says:

i guess Italy 🙂

@LL, Aus is playing Iraq? Didnt know that. Maybe in the whole din of the Euro 08, the noise of the rest of the games has been drowned.

@Chittaranjan, i have not subscribed to the channel too. Cable is freakin costly here and also the matches happen early mornings. The only matches i can watch is the wkend ones. But they are showing the first match, semis and finals free on a preview channel. Yay. As for the rest, Sopcast, TVUplayer, TVants etc…Zindabad 😉

@Sachin, Italy is a perennial favourite. 😀

5. lazybug says:

I’ll go for Italy. But any team that survives the group of death stands a decent chance.

6. kipet says:

as i am homebased right in the “center of action” – i am living in vienna, austria – i can tell you: the world has gone crazy, but i love it! 🙂

my favourite team ist NOT austria, definitly NOT germany (*lol*) or france. i hope portugal will make it’s way to the grand final, and greece. but i am afraid the european champion will become france or italy. as usual. would be nice to see a change! 😉

@Kipet, wow Vienna. The atmosphere might be electrifying what with everyone from all over Europe congregating in your city. I would like to keep my options open this time. May the best team win 😉

@Akhil, Italy are my all time favourites. I was the happiest when they won the World Cup. Even though i was torn between Zidane and Italy.

9. IdliDosa says:

i did not know till the euro cup started that england was not part of it. i was elated!!!! hyped and they don’t waste a second before shedding a tear whn they loose…baah!!

10. kipet says:

vienna has become a big party-place. good vibes and lots of fun! AND i must say, i am surprised by the austrian team – they never played better in their lives, but i am still not too positive with my future prognoses for “my” tea … sad that siwtzerland is out in round 1.

monday will be “battle-day”: germany vs. austria. footballwise enemies forever! 😉 my friends and i will join the groups in the fan-zone. i guess this will become the party of the year! 🙂