Jurong Bird Park – Singapore

On the first day of the Chinese New Year holidays, visited the world famous Jurong Bird Park here in Singapore.  Its my second visit.  I love the lush rainforest like feel inside the whole sanctuary.  Most of the birds have a bigger place to fly around and not many of the birds are in cages.  That makes you feel very much in contact with nature.

It rained in the morning and there was a nice breeze.  Couple with the smell of the wet mud and the greens, the place reminds me of Kerala.  Some pictures of the bird park

1. B K CHOWLA says:

It is a beautiful place. We visited Bird Park last year.

2. Have heard a lot about this particular park. My cousin who resides in Sydney is an avid bird watcher. I had visited him late last month and he has an album full of shots from this place. He has dozens of shots of a single multi-coloured parrot (sorry, dont know its real name) in different angles and poses! Heard from him that Singapore has kinds adopted that rain-foresty feel and looks to even its main urban boulevards…

Hoping to visit some time soon. I’ve booked my flight back home via Singapore and has a 10+ hour stopover. May give a try, what you think?

yes, you can go visit the place but since its in the western end of the country and take almost 2 hrs to and from the airport, i think it will be too tight for you to make a trip. Also you need at least half a day to really soak in the place.

and ya, the birds are too beautiful and colourful. I took took lots of pics. Put up just a sample of them here.

i loved the place too

5. ooopie, thats a dampner 😦 May be I’ve to tour Singapore as a destination in itself.

Liju, your site has 4-5 pop ups when I open it, with my ff blocking a few of them. Are you aware of that?

Ya, iam aware of the popups. It got installed as a part of the bidvertiser or adbrite ads that were there. I need to disable the popups.

7. saritha says:

Beautiful birds.Singapore is in my list of places i want to visit 🙂

8. Lary says:

That looks like a cool place! Or weekend was very quiet, which is how we peerfr it. it seems that once the kids hit the high school years, they really need the downtime of the weekend to decompress and so does mom!