Global management consulting and research firm Great Place to Work Institute and Mint identify the 50 best workplaces in India with employees numbering between 100 and 500. The study looks at workplaces from the employees’ perspective and assigns a two-third weightage to the voice of the employees. This is measured through anonymous surveys conducted across organisations. The remaining one-third weightage is assigned to the strength of people practices implemented across the organisations.
1. Cactus Communications: Cactus is a leading global provider of scientific and medical communication services to researchers, authors, scholarly journals, publishers, academic societies and pharmaceutical and device companies.
2. Equitas Development Initiatives Trust: Equitas Development Initiatives Trust is a public charitable trust established to improve the quality of life of people from socially and economically backward families. It does this by providing high quality education at affordable fees to children through a chain of six matriculation schools, by imparting livelihood skills training to women to enhance their income-generating potential, by providing job placement services to the young and also by rehabilitating pavement dwellers.
3. United Colors Of Benetton India: Benetton Group is one of the best-known fashion companies in the world, present in 120 countries with a network of over 6,500 stores. Its focus areas outside of its business include improving the environment and enhancing human dignity. Its brands in India are United Colors of Benetton and Undercolors of Benetton.
4. Piramal Finance: Piramal Finance was one of the first institutions in India to enter the real estate fund management business. It is organized around an integrated approach to real estate funding. This approach enables the organization to provide financing solutions across the entire capital stack i.e. private equity, structured/mezzanine equity, structured debt, senior secured debt and even construction finance, plotted land funding, and slum and society redevelopment.
5. Sony Pictures Networks Distribution India: Sony Pictures Networks Distribution India Pvt. Ltd (SPND) was formed with the aim of catering to all TV distribution platforms and offering them the best of entertainment. The company distributes premium channels to over 90 million homes spread across 4,000 cities and towns in India, spanning all genres from general entertainment and movies, to news and sports, adventure and lifestyle.
6. SAS Research and Development: SAS R&D India (Pvt.) Ltd, through analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services, helps customers at more than 75,000 sites make better decisions faster. SAS R&D, a wholly owned subsidiary of US-based SAS Inc., is a key centre for research and development of products and solutions for its parent. Its Pune office, being the largest R&D centre outside the US, is focused on developing strategic products and solutions.
7. Gozoop Online: Gozoop is one of the fastest growing independent creative digital agencies in India with clients including Dell Inc., Asian Paints Ltd, Cipla Ltd, Kolkata Knight Riders, Pidilite Ltd, Pearson Global and Mashreq Bank, among others.
8. OSSCube Solutions: Software services firm OSSCube Solutions provides technology services to global enterprises in digital transformation, modernization and Internet of Things (IoT). The company, which started its India operations in 2006, was co-founded by Vineet Agrawal, Lavanya Rastogi and Sonali Minocha. It was acquired by information technology firm Happiest Minds Technologies in June 2017 for an undisclosed amount. Founded by former Mindtree Chairman Ashok Soota in 2011, Happiest Minds generates revenue in excess of $75 million.
9. Adani Enterprises – Mining: Adani’s mining business unit was established in 2007. It is one of the pioneers of a business model called MDO (mine developer and operator) and started its first project in 2009. It extracted about 8.27 million tonnes of coal in 2016-17, an eight-fold increase in the past four years, and takes pride on its low attrition rate.
10. Centum Learning: Centum Learning is a leading organization in the global skills development and landscape, focussing on corporate training, vocational education and skills training.
Read the rest of the article here